Includes update to version 9 of the Australian Curriculum in addition to a version for 8.4. ✓ Editable Unit Planner ✓ Grading Guide ✓ Editable PowerPoint ✓ Worksheets ✓ Success Criteria/Learning Intentions
In this Year 3 Science unit, students identify sources of heat energy and how temperature changes when heat is transferred from one object to another, aligned to the Australian Curriculum.
✩ It is an 10 lesson unit (designed to be taught over a term) that contains all lesson resources including worksheets and posters.
✩ The editable planner includes relevant Australian Curriculum links and resources needed column.
✩ The lessons are kept simple and succinct, five to six steps each, to help you save time. The clear instructions highlight the key points, allowing you to focus on the students and make the most of the learning opportunities.
✩ This Science unit also contains an editable PowerPoint presentation that can be displayed during each lesson. It includes the learning intentions/success criteria, key discussion points, worksheets and display resources. This makes teaching every lesson even easier if your classroom has a T.V or Smartboard.
✩ Mrs Amy123 is known for its fun and engaging lessons that involve a wide range of cooperative learning strategies. This means that some lessons will not feature worksheets, though many will. The unit is made as hands on as possible including class and small group experiments.
✩ This unit also includes a grading guide that shows what each grade (A-E) would look like based on two activities from the unit. This document is also linked to the Achievement Standard for Year 3 Science.
♦ Editable planner (6 pages)
♦ Worksheets and Resources (including answer keys) (44 pages)
♦ Editable PowerPoint Presentation (100+ pages) (Version 9 only)
♦ Editable Grading Guide (1 page)
♦ Editable learning intentions and success criteria
Physical Sciences: · · Identify sources of heat energy and examine how temperature changes when heat energy is transferred from one object to another (AC9SU03) (Version 9)
Heat can be produced in many ways and can move from one object to another (ACSSU049) (Version 8.4)
Science Endeavour: · Nature and development of science (ACSHE050)
Use and influence of science (ACSHE051)
Inquiry Skills: ·
· With guidance, identify questions in familiar contexts that can be investigated scientifically and predict what might happen based on prior knowledge (ACSIS053)
· With guidance, plan and conduct scientific investigations to find answers to questions, considering the safe use of appropriate materials and equipment (ACSIS054)
· Consider the elements of fair tests and use formal measurements and digital technologies as appropriate, to make and record observations accurately (ACSIS055)
· Use a range of methods including tables and simple column graphs to represent data and to identify patterns and trends (ACSIS057)
· Compare results with predictions, suggesting possible reasons for findings (ACSIS215)
· Reflect on the investigation, including whether a test was fair or not (ACSIS058)
· Represent and communicate ideas and findings in a variety of ways such as diagrams, physical representations and simple reports (ACSIS060)
→Other than where stated, this product is not editable ←
→ This file is zipped. Once downloaded, right-click the file and select ‘extract all’ to open.
✔ This resource is for single classroom use by the purchaser only.
✖ You may not share this product digitally or as a hard copy or upload it to the internet.
© Mrs Amy123
Digital products are sent via email. We recommend you keep the email so you can access any updates to the product in the future. Alternatively, you can create an account upon checking out that will give you access to all your purchases.
Hard goods are shipped out every Saturday morning. Shipping is capped at $10.95 and is added at check out.