Includes update to version 9 of the Australian Curriculum in addition to a version for 8.4. ✓ Editable Unit Planner ✓ Grading Guide ✓ Editable PowerPoint ✓ Worksheets ✓ Success Criteria/Learning Intentions.
A 10 week unit (~10 lessons) exploring how living things have structural features and adaptations that help them to survive in their environment., covering Australian Curriculum outcomes for Biological Science.
It is a 10 lesson unit (designed to be taught over a term) that contains all lesson resources, including worksheets and posters.
The editable planner includes relevant Australian Curriculum links and resources needed column.
✩ This Science unit also contains an editable PowerPoint presentation that can be displayed during each lesson. It includes the learning intentions/success criteria, key discussion points, worksheets and display resources. This makes teaching every lesson even easier if your classroom has a T.V or Smartboard.
The lessons are kept simple and succinct, five to six steps each, to help you save time. The clear instructions highlight the key points, allowing you to focus on the students and make the most of the learning opportunities.
Mrs Amy123 is known for its fun and engaging lessons that involve a wide range of cooperative learning strategies. This means that some lessons will not feature worksheets, though many will. The unit is made as hands-on as imaginable, including class and small group experiments.
This unit also includes a grading guide that shows what each grade (A-E) would look like based on two activities from the unit. This document is also linked to the Achievement Standard for Year 5 Science.
- Editable Planner (5 pages)
- Lesson resources including answer keys (58 pages)
- Editable PowerPoint Presentation (100+ pages) (Version 9 only)
- Editable Grading Guide (1 page)
- Editable learning intentions and success criteria
Version 9 Outcomes:
Biological Sciences: Examine how particular structural features and behaviours of living things enable their survival in specific habitats (AC9S5U01)
Science Endeavour: · Examine why advances in science are often the result of collaboration or build on the work of others (AC9S5H01)
Investigate how scientific knowledge Is used by individuals and communities to identify problems, consider responses and make decisions (AC9S5H02)
Inquiry Skills: · Pose investigable questions to identify patterns and test relationships and make reasoned predictions (AC9S5I01)
· Plan and conduct repeatable investigations to answer questions, including, as appropriate, deciding the variables to be changed, measured and controlled in fair tests; describing potential risks; planning for the safe use of equipment and materials; and identifying required permissions to conduct investigations on Country/Place (AC9S5I02)
· Use equipment to observe, measure and record data with reasonable precision, using digital tools as appropriate (AC9S5I03)
· Construct and use appropriate representations, including tables, graphs and visual or physical models, to organize and process data and information and describe patterns, trends and relationships (AC9S5I04)
· Compare methods and findings with those of others, recognize possible sources of error, pose questions for further investigation and select evidence to draw reasoned conclusions (AC0S5I05)
Write and create to communicate ideas and findings for specific purposes and audiences, including selection of language features, using digital tools as appropriate (AC9S5I06)
- Biological Sciences: ACSSU043
- Science Endeavour: ACSHE081 and ACSHE083
- Inquiry Skills: ACS1S090 and ACS1S093
→Other than where stated, this product is not editable ←
✔ This resource is for single classroom use by the purchaser only.
✖ You may not share this product digitally or as a hard copy or upload it to the internet.
© Mrs Amy123
Digital products are sent via email. We recommend you keep the email so you can access any updates to the product in the future. Alternatively, you can create an account upon checking out that will give you access to all your purchases.
Hard goods are shipped out every Saturday morning. Shipping is capped at $10.95 and is added at check out.