In this Foundation Science unit, students explore how daily and seasonal changes in our environment affect everyday life, and is aligned to the Australian Curriculum version 8.4.
It is an 10 lesson unit (designed to be taught over a term) that contains all lesson resources including worksheets and posters.
*There is no Earth and Space outcome for version 9 of the Australian Curriculum. This resource will not be updated.*
The editable planner includes relevant Australian Curriculum links and resources needed column.
The lessons are kept simple and succinct, five to six steps each, to help you save time. The clear instructions highlight the key points, allowing you to focus on the students and make the most of the learning opportunities.
Mrs Amy123 is known for its fun and engaging lessons that involve a wide range of cooperative learning strategies. This means that some lessons will not feature worksheets, though many will. The unit is made as hands on as possible including class and small group experiments.
This unit also includes a grading guide that shows what each grade (A-E) would look like based on two activities from the unit. This document is also linked to the Achievement Standard for Foundation Biological Sciences.
- Editable planner (8 pages)
- Resources & Worksheets (16 pages)
- Editable Grading Guide (1 page)
- Editable learning intentions and success criteria
- Earth & Space Sciences: Daily and seasonal changes in our environment affect everyday life (ACSSU004)
- Nature and development of science: Science involves observing, asking questions about, and describing changes in, objects and events (ACSHE013)
Inquiry Skills: ·
- Questioning and Predicting: Pose and respond to questions about familiar objects and events (ACSIS014)
- Planning and Conducting: Participate in guided investigations and make observations using the senses (ACSIS011)
- Processing and analysing data and information: Explore a point of view (ACHASSI022)
- Interpret data and information displayed in pictures and texts and on maps (ACHASSI024)
- Evaluating and Reflecting: Engage in discussion about observations and represent ideas (ACSIS233)
- Communicating: Share observations and ideas (ACSIS012)
→ Please note, other than where stated, this product is not editable.
→ This file is zipped. Once downloaded, right-click the file and select ‘extract all’ to open.
✔ This resource is for classroom use by
the purchaser only.
✖ It may not be shared with other
teachers digitally, as a hard copy or uploaded to the internet or shared
✔ Parts of the resource may be shared
with student digitally where it is secured behind a log in.
✔If you wish to share with others you
can purchase additional individual licenses for a discounted price
© Mrs Amy123
Digital products are sent via email. We recommend you keep the email so you can access any updates to the product in the future. Alternatively, you can create an account upon checking out that will give you access to all your purchases.
Hard goods are shipped out every Saturday morning. Shipping is capped at $10.95 and is added at check out.