In this Foundation Science unit, students explore the way objects move depends on a variety of factors, including their size and shape, and is aligned to the Australian Curriculum.
It is an 10 lesson unit (designed to be taught over a term) that contains all lesson resources including worksheets and posters.
The editable planner includes relevant Australian Curriculum links and resources needed column.
The lessons are kept simple and succinct, five to six steps each, to help you save time. The clear instructions highlight the key points, allowing you to focus on the students and make the most of the learning opportunities.
Mrs Amy123 is known for its fun and engaging lessons that involve a wide range of cooperative learning strategies. This means that some lessons will not feature worksheets, though many will. The unit is made as hands on as possible including class and small group experiments.
This unit also includes a grading guide that shows what each grade (A-E) would look like based on two activities from the unit. This document is also linked to the Achievement Standard for Foundation Biological Sciences.
- Editable planner (7 pages)
- Resources & Worksheets (25 pages)
- Editable Grading Guide (1 page)
- Editable learning intentions and success criteria
- Physical Sciences: The way objects move depends on a variety of factors, including their size and shape (ACSSU005)
- Nature and development of science: Science involves observing, asking questions about, and describing changes in, objects and events (ACSHE013)
Inquiry Skills: ·
- Questioning and Predicting: Pose and respond to questions about familiar objects and events (ACSIS014)
- Planning and Conducting: Participate in guided investigations and make observations using the senses (ACSIS011)
- Processing and analysing data and information: Explore a point of view (ACHASSI022)
- Interpret data and information displayed in pictures and texts and on maps (ACHASSI024)
- Evaluating and Reflecting: Engage in discussion about observations and represent ideas (ACSIS233)
- Communicating: Share observations and ideas (ACSIS012)
→ Please note, other than where stated, this product is not editable.
→ This file is zipped. Once downloaded, right-click the file and select ‘extract all’ to open.
✔ This resource is for single classroom use by the purchaser only.
✖ You may not share this product digitally or as a hard copy or upload it to the internet.
© Mrs Amy123
Digital products are sent via email. We recommend you keep the email so you can access any updates to the product in the future. Alternatively, you can create an account upon checking out that will give you access to all your purchases.
Hard goods are shipped out every Saturday morning. Shipping is capped at $10.95 and is added at check out.