In this Year 1 Science unit, students examine how everyday materials can be physically changed in a variety of ways aligned to the Australian Curriculum.
It is an 11 lesson unit (designed to be taught over a term) that contains all lesson resources including worksheets and posters.
*There is no Chemical Science outcome for version 9 of the Australian Curriculum. This resource will not be updated.*
The editable planner includes relevant Australian Curriculum links and resources needed column.
The lessons are kept simple and succinct, five to six steps each, to help you save time. The clear instructions highlight the key points, allowing you to focus on the students and make the most of the learning opportunities.
Mrs Amy123 is known for its fun and engaging lessons that involve a wide range of cooperative learning strategies. This means that some lessons will not feature worksheets, though many will. The unit is made as hands on as possible including class and small group experiments.
This unit also includes a grading guide that shows what each grade (A-E) would look like based on two activities from the unit. This document is also linked to the Achievement Standard for Year 1 Science.
- Editable planner (6 pages)
- Resources (44 pages)
- Editable Grading Guide (1 page)
- Editable learning intentions and success criteria
- Chemical Sciences: · Everyday materials can be physically changed in a variety of ways (ACSSU018)
Science Endeavour: · Science involves asking questions about, and describing changes in, objects and events (ACSHE034)
People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE035)
Inquiry Skills: · Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and events (ACSIS024)
· Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions (ACSIS025)
· Use informal measurements to collect and record observations, using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS026)
· Use a range of methods to sort information, including drawings and provided tables through discussion, compare observations with predictions (ACSIS027)
· Compare observations with those of others (ACSIS041)
· Represent and communicate observation and ideas in a variety of ways (ACSIS029)
→ Please note, other than where stated, this product is not editable.
✔ This resource is for classroom use by
the purchaser only.
✖ It may not be shared with other
teachers digitally, as a hard copy or uploaded to the internet or shared
✔ Parts of the resource may be shared
with student digitally where it is secured behind a log in.
✔If you wish to share with others you
can purchase additional individual licenses for a discounted price
© Mrs Amy123
- Digital Products: Delivered via Email 📧
For digital products, we'll swiftly send them straight to your inbox. Keep the email safe as it grants access to any future updates related to your purchase. Want easier access? Create an account during checkout to manage all your digital acquisitions conveniently.
- Physical Goods (Hard Goods): Shipped Weekly 🚚
We usually dispatch hard goods every Saturday morning. Please note, shipping days may occasionally vary. Unless specified as a 'pre-order,' all items are shipped within 7 days from the date of purchase.
- Shipping Costs:
Shipping is capped at a fantastic rate of $12.00*, making it easy on your wallet! This cost is added during checkout for your convenience. (*Exclusions may apply. Please refer to product descriptions for more details.)
Questions or Assistance Needed?
Our team is here to assist you! Should you have any queries or need further assistance regarding shipping, feel free to reach out. We're dedicated to ensuring your shopping experience is smooth and hassle-free.