In this Year 2 Science unit, students Students explore how living things grow, change and have offspring similar to themselves, aligned to the Australian Curriculum.
It is an 10 lesson unit (designed to be taught over a term) that contains all lesson resources including worksheets and posters.
*There is no Biological Science outcome for version 9 of the Australian Curriculum. This resource will not be updated.*
The editable planner includes relevant Australian Curriculum links and resources needed column.
The lessons are kept simple and succinct, five to six steps each, to help you save time. The clear instructions highlight the key points, allowing you to focus on the students and make the most of the learning opportunities.
Mrs Amy123 is known for its fun and engaging lessons that involve a wide range of cooperative learning strategies. This means that some lessons will not feature worksheets, though many will. The unit is made as hands on as possible including class and small group experiments.
This unit also includes a grading guide that shows what each grade (A-E) would look like based on two activities from the unit. This document is also linked to the Achievement Standard for Year 2 Science.
- Editable planner (5 pages)
- Work Sheets & Resources with an answer key included (61 pages)
- Editable Grading Guide (1 page)
- Editable learning intentions and success criteria
- Biological Sciences: · Living things grow, change and have offspring similar to themselves (ACSSU030)
Science Endeavour: ·Science involves asking questions about, and describing changes in, objects and events (ACSHE034)
People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their environment and living things (ACSHE035)
Inquiry Skills: ·
- Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and events (ACSIS024)
- Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions (ACSIS025)
- Use informal measurements to collect and record observations, using digital technologies as appropriate (ACSIS026)
- Use a range of methods to sort information, including drawings and provided tables through discussion, compare observations with predictions (ACSIS027)
- Compare observations with those of others (ACSIS041)
- Represent and communicate observation and ideas in a variety of ways (ACSIS029)
→ Please note, other than where stated, this product is not editable.
→ This file is zipped. Once downloaded, right-click the file and select ‘extract all’ to open.
✔ This resource is for single classroom use by the purchaser only.
✖ You may not share this product digitally or as a hard copy or upload it to the internet.
© Mrs Amy123
Digital products are sent via email. We recommend you keep the email so you can access any updates to the product in the future. Alternatively, you can create an account upon checking out that will give you access to all your purchases.
Hard goods are shipped out every Saturday morning. Shipping is capped at $10.95 and is added at check out.