Includes update to version 9 of the Australian Curriculum in addition to a version for 8.4. ✓ Editable Unit Planner ✓ Grading Guide ✓ Editable PowerPoint ✓ Worksheets ✓ Success Criteria/Learning Intentions
In this Year 3 Science unit, students investigate the observable properties of solids and liquids and how adding or removing heat energy leads to a change of state, aligned to the Australian Curriculum.
✩ It is an 10 lesson unit (designed to be taught over a term) that contains all lesson resources including worksheets and posters.
✩ The editable planner includes relevant Australian Curriculum links and resources needed column.
✩ This Science unit also contains an editable PowerPoint presentation that can be displayed during each lesson. It includes the learning intentions/success criteria, key discussion points, worksheets and display resources. This makes teaching every lesson even easier if your classroom has a T.V or Smartboard.
✩ The lessons are kept simple and succinct, five to six steps each, to help you save time. The clear instructions highlight the key points, allowing you to focus on the students and make the most of the learning opportunities.
✩ Mrs Amy123 is known for its fun and engaging lessons that involve a wide range of cooperative learning strategies. This means that some lessons will not feature worksheets, though many will. The unit is made as hands on as possible including class and small group experiments.
✩ This unit also includes a grading guide that shows what each grade (A-E) would look like based on two activities from the unit. This document is also linked to the Achievement Standard for Year 3 Science.
♦ Editable planner (7 pages)
♦ Worksheets & Resources (including answer keys) (43 pages)
♦ Editable PowerPoint Presentation (100+ pages) (Version 9 only)
♦ Editable Grading Guide (1 page)
♦ Editable learning intentions and success criteria
Chemical Sciences: · Investigate the observable properties of solids and liquids and how adding or removing heat energy leads to a change of state (AC9S3U04)
A change of state between solid and liquid can be caused by adding or removing heat (ACSSU046) (Version 8.4)
Science Endeavour: · Examine how people use data to develop scientific explanations (AC9S3H01)
Consider how people use scientific explanations to meet a need or a solve a problem (AC9S3H02)
Inquiry Skills: ·
· Pose questions to explore observed patterns and relationships and make predictions based on observations (AC0S3101)
· Use provided scaffolds to plan and conduct investigations to answer questions or test predictions, including identifying the elements of fair tests, and considering the safe use of materials and equipment (AC9S3I02)
· Follow procedures to make and record observations, including making formal measurements using familiar scaled instruments and using digital tools as appropriate (AC9S3I03)
· Construct and use representations, including tables, simple column graphs and visual or physical models, to organize data and information, show simple relationships and identify patterns (AC9S3I04)
· Compare findings with those of others, consider if investigations were fair, identify questions for further investigation and draw conclusions (AC9SEI05)
Write and create texts to communicate findings and ideas for identified purposes and audiences, using scientific vocabulary and digital tools as appropriate (AC9S3I06)
→Other than where stated, this product is not editable ←
→ This file is zipped. Once downloaded, right-click the file and select ‘extract all’ to open.
✔ This resource is for single classroom use by the purchaser only.
✖ You may not share this product digitally or as a hard copy or upload it to the internet.
© Mrs Amy123
Digital products are sent via email. We recommend you keep the email so you can access any updates to the product in the future. Alternatively, you can create an account upon checking out that will give you access to all your purchases.
Hard goods are shipped out every Saturday morning. Shipping is capped at $10.95 and is added at check out.