This set is great for any classroom looking at poetry writing features and can be used for a display or an activity.
The colour arrows show the organisational features and types of poems. The black arrows and the stars show the conventions and devices of the text type.
Print all the pieces (pages 4-7) and use with an example of the text type enlarged to A3 (example has been provided on page 9). Laminate for longevity. While examples of every text type have been provided, there is not an example of every device within those examples.
- Uses: Class Display: Arrange pieces on a bulletin board for a reference when students are writing.
- Whole-Class Introduction: Have students help to identify the features as an introduction to the text type.
- Consolidation Activity: Print enough copies for individual students or groups and have students arrange pieces as a revision activity or assessment of their knowledge.
- Reflection Activity: Have students identify the features within their own texts to ensure they are using them.
Contents of this package:
- Explanation Pages (including layout example) (2 pages)
- Features and Convention Pieces (including title) (8 pages)
- Example Texts (4 pages)
- Answer Key (1 page)
→ Please note, this product is not editable.
✔ This resource is for classroom use by
the purchaser only.
✖ It may not be shared with other
teachers digitally, as a hard copy or uploaded to the internet or shared
✔ Parts of the resource may be shared
with student digitally where it is secured behind a log in.
✔If you wish to share with others you
can purchase additional individual licenses for a discounted price
© Mrs Amy123
Digital products are sent via email. We recommend you keep the email so you can access any updates to the product in the future. Alternatively, you can create an account upon checking out that will give you access to all your purchases.
Hard goods are shipped out every Saturday morning. Shipping is capped at $10.95 and is added at check out.