This poster is perfect for helping students to set and achieve writing goals.
Print, cut, laminate and join chart together and display in your room. Make small cards with your students names on them and attach them to the chart using blu tac (or pegs, velcro etc).
Analyse students writing for the goal they most need to work on. As they achieve their goals (displayed multiple times) move them to another. Ensure you tell students this is not a sequence of goals, and they may return to a goal several times. Allow older children to select their own goal for greater ownership.
Below is a guide for what each goal could represent:
- Handwriting: legibility, on the lines, correct formation
- Full Stops: usage, correct usage
- Capitals: start of a sentence, overuse, correct use
- Punctuation: correct use, overuse, variety
- Spelling: high-frequency words, spelling words, unknown words
- Ideas: content, repetition, originality
- Paragraphs: the line between, amount, content
- Editing: use of editing code, making sense, picking up mistakes,
- Vocabulary: focus words, new words, synonyms
- Conclusion: evaluative comment, reflection, summary
- Introduction: Who, what, when, where, overview
- Detail: adjectives, amount of sentences
- Time: completed in the allotted time
I recommend printing in A3. This resource is best suited for middle primary.
This resource includes:
- Explanation Page (1 page)
- Writing Poster (5 pages)
→ Other than where stated, this product is not editable
→ This file is zipped. Once downloaded, right-click the file and select ‘extract all’ to open.
✔ This resource is for classroom use by
the purchaser only.
✖ It may not be shared with other
teachers digitally, as a hard copy or uploaded to the internet or shared
✔ Parts of the resource may be shared
with student digitally where it is secured behind a log in.
✔If you wish to share with others you
can purchase additional individual licenses for a discounted price
© Mrs Amy123
Digital products are sent via email. We recommend you keep the email so you can access any updates to the product in the future. Alternatively, you can create an account upon checking out that will give you access to all your purchases.
Hard goods are shipped out every Saturday morning. Shipping is capped at $10.95 and is added at check out.