Includes update to version 9 of the Australian Curriculum in addition to a version for 8.4. ✓ Editable Unit Planner ✓ Grading Guide ✓ Editable PowerPoint ✓ Worksheets ✓ Success Criteria/Learning Intentions
A 10 week unit (10 lessons) exploring how natural and processed materials have a range of physical properties that can influence their use, covering the Australian Curriculum outcomes for Chemical Sciences.
It is a 10 lesson unit (designed to be taught over a term) that contains all lesson resources, including worksheets and posters.
The editable planner includes relevant Australian Curriculum links and resources needed column.
The lessons are kept simple and succinct, five to six steps each, to help you save time. The clear instructions highlight the key points, allowing you to focus on the students and make the most of the learning opportunities.
✩ This Science unit also contains an editable PowerPoint presentation that can be displayed during each lesson. It includes the learning intentions/success criteria, key discussion points, worksheets and display resources. This makes teaching every lesson even easier if your classroom has a T.V or Smartboard.
Mrs Amy123 is known for its fun and engaging lessons that involve a wide range of cooperative learning strategies. This means that some lessons will not feature worksheets, though many will. The unit is made as hands-on as imaginable, including class and small group experiments.
This unit also includes a grading guide that shows what each grade (A-E) would look like based on two activities from the unit. This document is also linked to the Achievement Standard for Year 4 Science.
♦ Editable Planner (5 pages)
♦ Editable PowerPoint Presentation (100+ pages) (Version 9 only)
♦ Resources and Worksheets + Answer Keys (47 pages)
♦ Editable Grading Guide (1 page)
♦ Editable learning intentions and success criteria
- Chemical Sciences: Examine the properties of natural and made materials including fibres, metals, glass and plastics and consider how these properties influence their use (AC9S4U94)
- Science Endeavour: · Examine how people use data to develop scientific explanations (AC9S4H01)
Consider how people use scientific explanations to meet a need or solve a problem (AC9S4H02)
- Inquiry Skills: · Pose questions to explore observed patterns and relationships and make predictions based on observations (AC9SI01)
· Use provided scaffolds to plan and conduct investigations to answer questions or test predictions, including identifying the elements of fair tests, and considering the safe use of materials and equipment (AC9S4I02)
· Follow procedures to make and record observations, including making formal measurements using familiar scaled instruments and using digital tools as appropriate (AC9S4I03)
· Construct and use representations, including tables, simple column graphs and visual or physical models, to organize data and information, show simple relationships and identify patterns (AC9S4I04)
· Compare findings with those of others, consider if investigations were fair, identify questions for further investigation and draw conclusions (AC9S4I05)
Write and create texts to communicate findings and ideas for identified purposes and audiences, using scientific vocabulary and digital tools as appropriate (AC9S4I06)
→Other than where stated, this product is not editable ←
✔ This resource is for classroom use by
the purchaser only.
✖ It may not be shared with other
teachers digitally, as a hard copy or uploaded to the internet or shared
✔ Parts of the resource may be shared
with student digitally where it is secured behind a log in.
✔If you wish to share with others you
can purchase additional individual licenses for a discounted price
© Mrs Amy123
Digital products are sent via email. We recommend you keep the email so you can access any updates to the product in the future. Alternatively, you can create an account upon checking out that will give you access to all your purchases.
Hard goods are shipped out every Saturday morning. Shipping is capped at $10.95 and is added at check out.