In this Year 4 Science unit, students explore how Earth’s surface changes over time as a result of natural processes and human activity, aligned to the Australian Curriculum version 8.4.
It is an 10 lesson unit (designed to be taught over a term) that contains all lesson resources including worksheets and posters.
The editable planner includes relevant Australian Curriculum links and resources needed column.
The lessons are kept simple and succinct, five to six steps each, to help you save time. The clear instructions highlight the key points, allowing you to focus on the students and make the most of the learning opportunities.
✩ This unit will not be updated to version 9 of the Australian Curriculum. That unit can be found
Mrs Amy123 is known for its fun and engaging lessons that involve a wide range of cooperative learning strategies. This means that some lessons will not feature worksheets, though many will. The unit is made as hands on as possible including class and small group experiments.
This unit also includes a grading guide that shows what each grade (A-E) would look like based on two activities from the unit. This document is also linked to the Achievement Standard for Year 4 Science.
- Editable Planner (5 pages)
- Resources and Worksheets + Answer Keys (45 pages)
- Editable Grading Guide (1 page)
- Editable learning intentions and success criteria
Earth and Space Sciences: · Earth’s surface changes over time as a result of natural processes and human activity (ACSSU075)
Science Endeavour: · Science involves making predictions and describing patterns and relationships (ACSHE061)
Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions (ACSHE062)
Inquiry Skills: ·
· With guidance, identify questions in familiar contexts that can be investigated scientifically and predict what might happen based on prior knowledge (ACSIS064)
· With guidance, plan and conduct scientific investigations to find answers to questions, considering the safe use of appropriate materials and equipment (ACSIS065)
· Consider the elements of fair tests and use formal measurements and digital technologies as appropriate, to make and record observations accurately (ACSIS066)
· Use a range of methods including tables and simple column graphs to represent data and to identify patterns and trends (ACSIS068)
· Compare results with predictions, suggesting possible reasons for findings (ACSIS216)
· Reflect on the investigation, including whether a test was fair or not (ACSIS069)
Represent and communicate ideas and findings in a variety of ways such as diagrams, physical representations and simple reports (ACSIS071)
→Please note, other than where stated, this product is not editable.
✔ This resource is for classroom use by
the purchaser only.
✖ It may not be shared with other
teachers digitally, as a hard copy or uploaded to the internet or shared
✔ Parts of the resource may be shared
with student digitally where it is secured behind a log in.
✔If you wish to share with others you
can purchase additional individual licenses for a discounted price
© Mrs Amy123
Digital products are sent via email. We recommend you keep the email so you can access any updates to the product in the future. Alternatively, you can create an account upon checking out that will give you access to all your purchases.
Hard goods are shipped out every Saturday morning. Shipping is capped at $10.95 and is added at check out.