In this Year 4 Science unit, students identify sources of water and describe key processes in the water cycle, aligned to the Australian Curriculum version 9.
✩ It is an 10 lesson unit (designed to be taught over a term) that contains all lesson resources including worksheets and posters.
✩ The editable planner includes relevant Australian Curriculum links and resources needed column.
✩ This Science unit also contains an editable PowerPoint presentation that can be displayed during each lesson. It includes the learning intentions/success criteria, key discussion points, worksheets and display resources. This makes teaching every lesson even easier if your classroom has a T.V or Smartboard.
✩ This unit will not be updated to version 9 of the Australian Curriculum. That unit can be found here.
✩ The lessons are kept simple and succinct, five to six steps each, to help you save time. The clear instructions highlight the key points, allowing you to focus on the students and make the most of the learning opportunities.
✩ Mrs Amy123 is known for its fun and engaging lessons that involve a wide range of cooperative learning strategies. This means that some lessons will not feature worksheets, though many will. The unit is made as hands on as possible including class and small group experiments.
✩ This unit also includes a grading guide that shows what each grade (A-E) would look like based on two activities from the unit. This document is also linked to the Achievement Standard for Year 4 Science.
♦ Editable Planner (5 pages)
♦ Editable PowerPoint Presentation (100+ pages) (Version 9 only)
♦ Resources and Worksheets + Answer Keys (45 pages)
♦ Editable Grading Guide (1 page)
♦ Editable learning intentions and success criteria
Earth and Space Sciences: Identify sources of water and describe key processes in the water cycle, including movement of water through the sky, landscape and ocean; precipitation; evaporation; and condensation (AC9S4U02)
Science Endeavour: · Examine how people use data to develop scientific explanations (AC9S4H01)
Consider how people use scientific explanations to meet a need or solve a problem (AC9S4H02)
Inquiry Skills: ·
· Pose questions to explore observed patterns and relationships and make predictions based on observations (AC9SI01)
· Use provided scaffolds to plan and conduct investigations to answer questions or test predictions, including identifying the elements of fair tests, and considering the safe use of materials and equipment (AC9S4I02)
· Follow procedures to make and record observations, including making formal measurements using familiar scaled instruments and using digital tools as appropriate (AC9S4I03)
· Construct and use representations, including tables, simple column graphs and visual or physical models, to organize data and information, show simple relationships and identify patterns (AC9S4I04)
· Compare findings with those of others, consider if investigations were fair, identify questions for further investigation and draw conclusions (AC9S4I05)
Write and create texts to communicate findings and ideas for identified purposes and audiences, using scientific vocabulary and digital tools as appropriate (AC9S4I06)
→Other than where stated, this product is not editable ←
✔ This resource is for classroom use by
the purchaser only.
✖ It may not be shared with other
teachers digitally, as a hard copy or uploaded to the internet or shared
✔ Parts of the resource may be shared
with student digitally where it is secured behind a log in.
✔If you wish to share with others you
can purchase additional individual licenses for a discounted price
© Mrs Amy123
- Digital Products: Delivered via Email 📧
For digital products, we'll swiftly send them straight to your inbox. Keep the email safe as it grants access to any future updates related to your purchase. Want easier access? Create an account during checkout to manage all your digital acquisitions conveniently.
- Physical Goods (Hard Goods): Shipped Weekly 🚚
We usually dispatch hard goods every Saturday morning. Please note, shipping days may occasionally vary. Unless specified as a 'pre-order,' all items are shipped within 7 days from the date of purchase.
- Shipping Costs:
Shipping is capped at a fantastic rate of $12.00*, making it easy on your wallet! This cost is added during checkout for your convenience. (*Exclusions may apply. Please refer to product descriptions for more details.)
Questions or Assistance Needed?
Our team is here to assist you! Should you have any queries or need further assistance regarding shipping, feel free to reach out. We're dedicated to ensuring your shopping experience is smooth and hassle-free.