Includes update to version 9 of the Australian Curriculum in addition to a version for 8.4. ✓ Editable Unit Planner ✓ Grading Guide ✓ Editable PowerPoint ✓ Worksheets ✓ Success Criteria/Learning Intentions
A 10 week unit (~10 lessons) exploring how electrical energy can be transferred and transformed and can be generated from a range of sources, addressing the Australian Curriculum outcomes for Physical Science.
It is a 10 lesson unit (designed to be taught over a term) that contains all lesson resources, including worksheets and posters.
The editable planner includes relevant Australian Curriculum links and resources needed column.
✩ This Science unit also contains an editable PowerPoint presentation that can be displayed during each lesson. It includes the learning intentions/success criteria, key discussion points, worksheets and display resources. This makes teaching every lesson even easier if your classroom has a T.V or Smartboard.
The lessons are kept simple and succinct, five to six steps each, to help you save time. The clear instructions highlight the key points, allowing you to focus on the students and make the most of the learning opportunities.
Mrs Amy123 is known for its fun and engaging lessons that involve a wide range of cooperative learning strategies. This means that some lessons will not feature worksheets, though many will. The unit is made as hands-on as imaginable, including class and small group experiments.
This unit also includes a grading guide that shows what each grade (A-E) would look like based on two activities from the unit. This document is also linked to the Achievement Standard for Year 6 Science.
- Editable Planner (6 pages)
- Editable PowerPoint Presentation (100+ pages) (Version 9 only)
- Resources and Worksheets (Including answer keys) (50 pages)
- Editable Grading Guide (1 page)
- Editable learning intentions and success criteria
Version 9 Outcomes covered:
- Physical Sciences: Investigate the transfer and transformation of energy in electrical circuits, including the role of circuit components, insulators and conductors (AC9S6U03)
- Science Endeavour: · Examine why advances in science are often the result of collaboration or build on the work of others (AC9S6H01)
Investigate how scientific knowledge is used by individuals and communities to identify problems, consider responses and make decisions (AC9S6H02)
- Inquiry Skills: · Pose investigable questions to identify patterns and test relationships and make reasoned predictions (AC9S6I01)
· Plan and conduct repeatable investigations to answer questions including, as appropriate, deciding the variables to be changed, measured and controlled in fair tests; describing potential risks; planning for the safe use of equipment and materials; and identifying required permissions to conduct investigations on Country/Place (AC9S6I02)
· Use equipment to observe, measure and record data with reasonable precision, using digital tools as appropriate (AC9S6I03)
· Construct and use appropriate representations, including tables, graphs and visual or physical models, to organise and process data and information and describe patterns, trends and relationship (AC9S6I04)
· Compare methods and findings with those of others, recognise possible sources of error, pose questions for further investigation and select evidence to draw reasoned conclusions (AC9S6I05)
Write and create texts to communicate ideas and findings for specific purposes and audiences, including selection of language using digital tools as appropriate (AC9S6I06)
Version 8.4 Outcomes covered:
- Physical Sciences: ACSSU097
- Science Endeavour: ACSHE098 and ACSHE100
- Inquiry Skills: ACS1S232, ACSIS104, ACSIS107 ACSIS221, ACSIS108, ACSIS110 and ACS1S103
→Other than where stated, this product is not editable ←
✔ This resource is for classroom use by
the purchaser only.
✖ It may not be shared with other
teachers digitally, as a hard copy or uploaded to the internet or shared
✔ Parts of the resource may be shared
with student digitally where it is secured behind a log in.
✔If you wish to share with others you
can purchase additional individual licenses for a discounted price
© Mrs Amy123
- Digital Products: Delivered via Email 📧
For digital products, we'll swiftly send them straight to your inbox. Keep the email safe as it grants access to any future updates related to your purchase. Want easier access? Create an account during checkout to manage all your digital acquisitions conveniently.
- Physical Goods (Hard Goods): Shipped Weekly 🚚
We usually dispatch hard goods every Saturday morning. Please note, shipping days may occasionally vary. Unless specified as a 'pre-order,' all items are shipped within 7 days from the date of purchase.
- Shipping Costs:
Shipping is capped at a fantastic rate of $12.00*, making it easy on your wallet! This cost is added during checkout for your convenience. (*Exclusions may apply. Please refer to product descriptions for more details.)
Questions or Assistance Needed?
Our team is here to assist you! Should you have any queries or need further assistance regarding shipping, feel free to reach out. We're dedicated to ensuring your shopping experience is smooth and hassle-free.