A 10 week unit (10 lessons) where students examine how particle theory explains the properties of substances, and how their properties guide separation techniques, covering the Australian Curriculum version 9 outcomes for Biological Sciences.
It is a 10 lesson unit (designed to be taught over a term) that contains all lesson resources, including worksheets and posters.
The editable planner includes relevant Australian Curriculum links and resources needed column.
This Science unit also contains an editable PowerPoint presentation that can be displayed during each lesson. It includes the learning intentions/success criteria, key discussion points, worksheets and display resources. This makes teaching every lesson even easier if your classroom has a T.V or Smartboard.
The lessons are kept simple and succinct, five to six steps each, to help you save time. The clear instructions highlight the key points, allowing you to focus on the students and make the most of the learning opportunities.
Mrs Amy123 is known for its fun and engaging lessons that involve a wide range of cooperative learning strategies. This means that some lessons will not feature worksheets, though many will. The unit is made as hands-on as possible, including class and small group experiments.
This unit also includes a grading guide that shows what each grade (A-E) would look like based on two activities from the unit. This document is also linked to the Achievement Standard for Year 7 Science.
- Editable Planner (5 pages)
- Lesson resources including answer keys (46 pages)
- Editable Grading Guide (1 page)
- Editable learning intentions and success criteria
- Editable PowerPoint Presentation (100+ pages)
- Biological Sciences: Use particle theory to describe the arrangement of particles in a substance, including the motion of and attraction between particles, and relate this to the properties of the substance (AC9S7U05)
Use a particle model to describe differences between pure substances and mixtures and apply understanding of properties of substances to separate mixtures (AC9S7U06)
- Science Endeavour: Investigate how cultural perspectives and world views influence the development of scientific knowledge (AC9S7H02)
Examine how proposed scientific responses to contemporary issues may impact on society and explore ethical, environmental, social and economic consideration (AC9S7H03)
- Inquiry Skills: Plan and conduct reproducible investigations to answer questions and test hypotheses, including identifying variables and assumptions and, as appropriate, recognising and managing risks, considering ethical issues and recognising key considerations regarding heritage sites and artefacts on country/place (AC9S7I02)
Select and use equipment to generate and record data with precision, using digital tools as appropriate (AC9S7I03)
Select and construct appropriate representations, including tables, graphs, models and mathematical relationships, to organise and process data and information (AC9S7I04)
Write and create texts to communicate ideas, findings and arguments for specific purposes and audiences, including selection of appropriate language and text features, using digital tools as appropriate (AC9S7I08)
→Other than where stated, this product is not editable ←
✔ This resource is for classroom use by
the purchaser only.
✖ It may not be shared with other
teachers digitally, as a hard copy or uploaded to the internet or shared
✔ Parts of the resource may be shared
with student digitally where it is secured behind a log in.
✔If you wish to share with others you
can purchase additional individual licenses for a discounted price
© Mrs Amy123
Digital products are sent via email. We recommend you keep the email so you can access any updates to the product in the future. Alternatively, you can create an account upon checking out that will give you access to all your purchases.
Hard goods are shipped out every Saturday morning. Shipping is capped at $10.95 and is added at check out.